Monday, December 19, 2011

Friends and Food

This weekend we had a great time with friends at our RBC Student Ministry Leader party. Thanks to Sandi and Kevin for a wonderful evening. Everyone brought finger foods to enjoy. I took a new recipe Mississippi Mud cookies.. yummy! Also, a pasta salad and of course the always popular sausage balls.
These were really yummy. I didn't have parchment paper so they aren't as pretty as I would have liked, but I will make these again! This is a Southern Living recipe.  Click for the recipe Mississippi Mud Cookies

I use 3 cups Bisquick, cooked sausage, 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, and a dab of milk to make the mixing easier. I mix and roll into balls. Bake at 350.  Ashlyn loves these with strawberry preserves.

I intended to make skewers with these ingredients, but opted for a simple salad. I liked it. This has a package of cooked cheese tortellini, grape tomatoes cut in half, chopped salami, and mozzarella cheese pearls you can find in your deli. Then add some balsamic vinagrette and let marinate for a few hours. Add salt and pepper and you are good to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment