Sunday, December 11, 2011

Getting Ready for Christmas

The day after Thanksgiving is our day to decorate the house for Christmas. We continued the tradition this year and got 3 trees finished in one night. I'll show those in a later post. With some Christmas music blaring, nutcrackers marching, and ornaments rolling we get into the spirit. Austin probably has one of our neatest traditions going and that is his nutcracker collection. During my very first year of teaching I was invited by the sweetest family of one of my students over for Christmas Tea. I have always cherished this lovely gesture. They asked me to bring Austin and he was just a little guy then. They had a collection of nutcrackers on their mantel and Austin was just fascinated with them. So, since that special Christmas Mom and myself have given him one or two each year. Now, he has this amazing display. We aren't allowed to put them out. It is his special walk down memory lane each year when he unpacks them and sets them out. I love it because they are just gorgeous in the foyer. When others come to the house during the holidays they are mesmerized by them also. I hope we instill a new tradition for those families also.



0 comments:

Post a Comment